Fredrik Andersson joins the Swedish Culinary Team
– and Krister Dahl stays on as the team’s mentor
The new Swedish Culinary Team has been announced. Fredrik Andersson, chef at Gothia Towers’ lobby restaurant West Coast, is a new member.
“I’m delighted to be joining the new Swedish Culinary Team!” says Fredrik. “Representing Sweden is a real honour.”
On Tuesday 9 April at 13:00, the line up of chefs and pastry chefs for the new Swedish Culinary Team was announced. They are:
- Isak Wiig, Restaurang Modis, Stockholm
- Fredrik Larsson, Le Rouge, Stockholm
- Frida Nilsson, Clarion Hotel Trondheim, Trondheim
- Joel Englund, Katrinelund Gästgiveri & Sjökrog, Stora Mellösa
- Sebastian Gibrand, Oaxen, Stockholm
- Eddy Zippert Karlsson, Swedish Taste, Gothenburg
- Edin Dzemat, Linnea Art, Gothenburg
- Helena Henriksson, Tössebageriet bakery, Stockholm
- Claes Hasselhuhn, Stockholm City Hall, Stockholm
- Anders Oskarsson, Nilssons Konditori, Oskarshamn
- Jonas Lagerström, Bølgen & Moi, Oslo
- Kalle Bengtsson, Ica Maxi bakery, Kungsbacka
- Fredrik Andersson, West Coast, Gothenburg
- Student: Frida Knutsson, Gothenburg
- Captain: The new captain taking over from Krister Dahl is Jonas Franzén from Restaurang Modis in Solna.
Fredrik is looking forward to his new role.
“Working with all these talented chefs and pastry chefs to promote Swedish gastronomy will be an exciting and informative experience,” he says.
The new Swedish Culinary Team has a clear task: Winning gold at the 2016 Culinary Olympics. The team consists of eight chefs and six pastry chefs. They will come together once a month, meeting up in smaller groups and training individually in between.
Fredrik has worked at Gothia Towers since 1 February 2012 as a chef at West Coast, Gothia Towers’ new lobby restaurant which opened last August. Fredrik and West Coast focus on locally produced ingredients from the Gothenburg region.
Krister Dahl to act as mentor
Gothia Towers’ Executive Chef, Krister Dahl, stood down at the end of last year after eight years as captain of the Swedish Culinary Team. Krister is the only chef in the world to have won four gold medals at the Culinary Olympics – most recently last October when he led the Swedish Culinary Team to victory. He will now act as the team’s mentor during a transition period.
“It’s great that Fredrik is joining the team!” says Krister. “It’s particularly inspiring for him and his colleagues in the kitchen. Being part of the Swedish Culinary Team is a fantastic training experience – you get to learn a lot of new things, see the world and draw influence from new flavours. I’m delighted for him.”
For more information, please contact:
Fredrik Andersson, chef at West Coast
Tel: +46 (0)31 750 89 12
Krister Dahl, Executive Chef at Gothia Towers
Tel: +46 (0)31 750 89 35